Update Heel Life Roster:
Remove Members/Update Positions
Has your organization completed the officer transition process? Are there seniors that have graduated and you need to remove them from the org HL page? Look no further! Our office STRONGLY encourages you to keep the HL roster updated at all times of the year but it is especially important now that we are in this virtual environment.
Click here and view the image below for more instructions on how to ‘End Memberships’ and ‘Change Positions‘ in Heel Life.
Click here to visit and subscribe to the SLL YouTube channel for more Heel Life resources!
New Organization: Champions for Change
Champions for Change is a group of campus leaders dedicated to changing fraternity men’s perceptions, attitudes, and beliefs on the topic of gender-based violence. Champions for Change works with campus partners and peers to create a culture of awareness, safety, prevention, and equip fraternity men with skills allowing them to take an active role in violence prevention.
Our program consists of young men representing various chapters of the UNC IFC Fraternity system. As the largest student group on campus, we believe we have the power, potential, and responsibility to fulfill a leadership role within our community to end gender-based violence throughout campus. Our program’s goal is to obtain a better understanding of fraternity men’s perceptions, attitudes, and beliefs on the topic of gender-based violence in an effort to not only create a culture of awareness, safety, and prevention but also to equip fraternity men with skills allowing them to take an active role in violence prevention.
If you want your organization to be featured as part of our weekly organization spotlight, all you have to do is fill out this form here!
Summer Student Organization
Consulting & Support
With the shifts and uncertainty of campus life for the 2020-2021 academic year due to COVID-19, the Office of Student Life & Leadership (SLL) wants to help you prepare for virtual and/or in-person engagement with your student organization membership. A few initiatives that we will be launching this summer:
- A new bi-weekly summer newsletter will be released in the coming weeks to replace the weekly SLL bulletin. The ‘State of Student Orgs’ is a bi-weekly resource informing student organization officers and members on what’s going on regarding student involvement over the summer and gearing up for the 2020-2021 academic year. It will serve as a one-stop-shop for communication about programming, recruitment, and community building. A way for student organizations to engage with SLL virtually. Be on the lookout for the first edition!
- Summer Student Organization Consulting is a new initiative where student org officers can request a one-hour consultation with a full-time SLL staff member. We will be releasing more information in the coming weeks.
- Lee Roberts will be available every Monday (11a-1p) and Friday (1-3p) to hold ‘Office Hours‘ for student org officers to ask any questions or just drop in to provide insight into what you all are currently navigating or experiencing with your student org. Contact Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email to gain access to the zoom link.
- We are developing a ‘Virtual Summer Involvement Guide‘ that will serve as the main resource for your organization and how to keep your organization engaged over the summer. As well as streamlining our resources so that they are easily accessible for all members of the organization.
- Engaging the UNC student org community virtually via the SLL Social Media platforms using the hashtag #UNCStudentlife and #UNCReflects so be on the lookout for ways to engage in those discussions. Contact us to learn more!
Complete the Annual Report
2019-2020 Registered Student Organization (RSO) Annual Report is now active! If your organization is interested in participating in FallFest 2020, your organization’s officers will need to take some time to submit the Annual Report before midnight, May 31st. This is also a great way to let us know about the organization’s year and how we can improve our services for your organization. This year we are specifically looking to collect data in regard to your programmatic efforts.
Only RSOs that submit the Annual Report by the May 31st deadline will be eligible to receive the link to apply for a table at FallFest. This message will go out to eligible groups on June 1 and the FallFest application will be due by June 20th. Additionally, pay close attention to the FallFest contact you list on the Annual Report form, as we will only contact this person with the messaging required to sign up. The RSO Annual Report is not for University Sponsored Organizations as there is a separate form for those organizations to complete.
In addition, your org’s Heel Life page needs to be up-to-date which includes ensuring your roster is updated and the advisor is listed. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to update your roster.
Heel Talks Podcast
Looking for something to listen to or inspire you during the Covid-19 quarantine?
The Office of Student Life & Leadership (SLL) at UNC-Chapel Hill brings you a podcast dedicated to leadership development and building cross-campus relationships between students, staff, and faculty through casual conversations!
The “Heel Talks” podcast is out and now available on a number of platforms: Spotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Radio Public and will be available on apple podcasts by tomorrow! Feel free to look us up on any of these platforms or use this link for a more direct connection
UCS First Destination Survey and Resources
Congratulations on your graduation! Although the current ongoing COVID-19 situation certainly provides unique challenges to your graduating class, this is quite an accomplishment. University Career Services (UCS) is here to help you navigate these uncharted waters, and we are excited to announce that we have extended access to our services to you through May 2021.
Please take a few minutes to complete our annual First Destination Survey. This survey is extremely important for many reasons, including UNC rankings and accreditation. All personal information is protected, and results are only shared in aggregate form. If you have accepted a job or plan on attending graduate school, please take a few minutes to complete so that we can continue to collect and share this very important data. By completing the survey, you will be entered to win either a set of AirPods, a pair of noise-canceling headphones, or a wireless speaker (courtesy of UCS) or a $250 Amazon gift card (courtesy of Handshake). Again, congratulations on your graduation!
*If you are interested in including an event, leadership opportunity, or another announcement on the Weekly Bulletin, you can fill out a form by clicking HERE.